(一)一般句式的构成： A + is / are+ 形容词比较级+ than + B
A 是主格 B 是宾格
如： She is taller than me.
主格 形容词比较级 宾格
【例】 原级 比较级 最高级
great greater greatest
small smaller smallest
clean cleaner cleanest
【例】 fine finer finest
wide wider widest
【例】 big bigger biggest
hot hotter hottest
red redder reddest
【例】 clever cleverer cleverest
narrow narrower narrowest
able abler ablest
easy easier easiest
【例】 careful more careful most careful
difficult more difficult most difficult
delicious more delicious most delicious
原级 比较级 最高级
good/well better best
bad worse worst
many/much more most
little less least
far farther/further farthest/furthest
注：有些形容词一般没有比较等级。如： right, wrong, woolen等。
【例】 Li Ping is older than Wang Hai. 李平比王海年纪大。
There are more students in Class One than in Class Two.一班比二班学生多。
1、原级(同级)比较：as…as…; not as(so)…as…
We’ll give you as much help as we can.
She isn’t as(so)active in sports as before.
2. 比较级：表示两者之间比…… 更……可用状语much, a little, even等修饰： He made fewer mistakes than I did.
He is even richer than I.
3、高级：形容词最高级前必须加the, 副词最高级前常省略the，后面多用of……， in……短语表示范围：
It was the most/least interesting story I have ever listened.
He is the tallest of the three.
4、如果在两者之间表示“最……”时要在比较级前加the，而且还用of the two, of the pair短语：
John is the clever of the two boys.
Of the two boys, John is the clever.
You’re a boy as good as Tom.=You’re as good a boy as Tom.
2、 (1)too…to与 so…that sb.can’t…的句型转换：前者为简单句，主语只有一个，而后者为复合句，主语有两个，试比较：
The man was too angry to be able to speak.
The man was so angry that he wasn’t able to speak.
The milk was too hot to drink.
The milk was so hot that we can’t drink it.
(2) too…to…与 not enough to句型的转换：
He is too young to get married.=He is not old enough to get married.
The book is too difficult for me to read.=
The book is not easy enough for me to read.
约翰不象迈克那么苯。John is not so stupid as Mike.
John is less stupid than Mike.
John is cleverer than Mike.
John is taller than any other boy in the class.
John is the tallest boy in the class.
John is taller than :any other boy.
any of the other boy.
all the other boy.
any of the others.
any one else.
5、 the more….. the more….表示“越……越……”:
The more books you read, the wider your knowledge is.
The more food you eat, the fatter you are.
6、 more and more….表示“越来……越……”:
More and more students realized the importance of a foreign language.
Our country is getting stronger and stronger.
形容词的原级: 形容词的原级形式就是词典中出现的形容词的原形。 例如: poor tall great glad bad
形容词的比较级和最高级: 形容词的比较级和最高级形式是在形容词的原级形式的基础上变化的。 分为规则变化和不规则变化。
1) 单音节形容词的比较级和最高级形式是在词尾加 -er 和 -est 构成。
great (原级) (比较级) (最高级)
2) 以 -e 结尾的单音节形容词的比较级和最高级是在词尾加 -r 和 -st 构成。
wide (原级) (比较级) (最高级)
3)少数以-y, -er, -ow, -ble结尾的双音节形容词的比较级和最高级是在词尾加 -er 和 -est 构成。
clever(原级) (比较级) (最高级)
4) 以 -y 结尾,但 -y 前是辅音字母的形容词的比较级和最高级是把 -y 去掉,加上 -ier 和-est 构成.
happy (原形) (比较级) (最高级)
5) 以一个辅音字母结尾其前面的元音字母发短元音的形容词的比较级和最高级是双写该辅音字母然后再加 -er和-est。
big (原级) (比较级) (最高级)
6) 双音节和多音节形容词的比较级和最高级需用more 和 most 加在形容词前面来构成。
beautiful (原级) (比较级) (比较级)
difficult (原级) (最高级) (最高级)
far——farther, further——farthest, furthest
形容词前如加 less 和 least 则表示”较不”和”最不”
important 重要 less important 较不重要 least important 最不重要
主语+谓语(系动词)+ 形容词比较级+than+ 对比成分。 也就是, 含有形容词比较级的主句+than+从句。注意从句常常省去意义上和主句相同的部分, 而只剩下对比的成分。
Our teacher is we are. 我们老师的个子比我们的高。
It is today than it was yesterday. 今天的天气比昨天暖和。
This picture is than that one. 这张照片比那张照片漂亮。
This meeting is than that one. 这次会议不如那次会议重要。
The sun is than the moon. 太阳比月亮大得多。
She is student her class. 她是班上最好的学生。
Shanghai is one of cities China. 上海是中国最大城市之一。
This is apple I have ever met. 这是我见到的最大的苹果。
Tom is boy in his basketball team. 汤姆是他们篮球队中个子最高的孩子。
1. This box is___ that one.
A. heavy than B. so heavy than C. heavier as D. as heavy as
2 When we speak to people, we should be ‘ .
A. as polite as possible B. as polite as possibly
C. as politely as possible D. as politely as possibly
3 This book is____ that one, but____ than that one.
A. as difficult as; expensive B. as more difficult as; more expensive
C. as difficult as; more expensive D. more difficult as; as expensive
4 I think the story is not so ___ as that one.
A. interesting B. interested
C. more interesting D. most interesting
5 His father began to work____ he was seven years old.
A. as old as B. as early as C. since D. while
6. I think science is _ than Japanese.
A. much important B. important
C. much more important D. more much important
7. This pencil is___ than that one.
A. longest B. long C. longer D. as long
8. My mother is no ___ young.
A. shorter B. longer C. little D. few
9. These children are ____ this year than they were last year.
A. more tall B. more taller C. very taller D. much taller
10. It was very hot yesterday, but it is___ today.
A. even hotter B. more hotter C. much more hot D. much hot
11. Mrs Black has got____ instead of getting any better.
A. more bad B. a little worse C. much badly D. a lot of worse
12. When we arrived, we found the meeting room crowded with___ students.
A. quite a few B. only a few C. few D. a few quite
13.The house is small for a family of six.
A. much too B. too much C. very much D.so
14.Through the window we can see nothing but ____ buildings.
A. tall very many B. very many tall
C. very tall many D. many very tall
15. -What’s your brother like?
A. a driver B. very tall C. my friend D. at school
16.The jacket was so___ that he decided to buy it. ,
A. much B. little C. expensive D. cheap
17. Our classroom is____ larger than theirs.
A. more B. quite C. very D. much
18. The earth is about____ as the moon.
A. as fifty time big B. fifty times as big
C. as big fifty times D. fifty as times big
19. Your room is mine.
A. twice as large than B. twice the size of
C. bigger twice than D. as twice large as
20. Your room is ___ than mine.
A. three time big B. three times big
C. three times bigger D. bigger three times
21. His father is____than his mother. ;
A. older four years B. as four years older
C. four years older D. bigger four years
22. Maths is more popular than____.
A. any other subject B. all the subjects
C. any subject D. other subject
23. China is larger than ____ in Africa
A. any other country B. other countries
C. the other country D. any country
24. Tom is stronger than ___ in his class.
A. any other boy B. any boys C. any boy D. other boy
25. When spring comes, it gets____.
A. warm and warm B. colder and colder
C. warmer and warmer D. shorter and shorter
26. By and by, ____ students in our class came to like English.
A. more and more B. much and much
C. many and many D. less and least
27. At last he began to cry ___.
A. hard and hard B. more hard and more hard
C. harder and harder D. less hard and less harder
28. When spring comes the days get ____ and nights ____.
A. short; long B. long; short
C. longer; shorter D. shorter; longer
29. ___ I look at the picture, ____ I like it.
A. The best; the more B. The more; the less
C. The more; less D. More; the more
30. ___ he read the book, ____ he got in it.
A. The more; the more interesting B. The less; the more interesting
C. The more; the more interested D. More; more interested
31. ___ you come back, _____ it will be.
A.The quicker; the best B.The sooner; the better
C. Faster; the better D. The sooner; better
32. I like___ one of the two books.
A. the older B. oldest C. the oldest D. older
33. Which is___country, China or Japan?
A. the large B. the larger C. larger D. largest
34. Of the two cups, he bought .
A. the smaller B. the smallest C. small D: smaller
35. 1 Which do you like ___, tea or coffee?
A. well B. better C. best D. most
36. This work is ____ for me than for you.
A. difficult B. most difficult
C. much difficult D. more difficult
37. Which do you think tastes ____, the chicken or the fish?
A. good B. better C. best D. well
38. The Great Pyramid is about 137 metres high today, but it was once
A. higher B. highest C. high too D. more high
39. Don’t you think it ______ not to write the letter?
A. well B. better C. best D. good
40. Who jumped____of all?
A. far B. farther C. farthest D. the most far
41. Li Lei is___ student in our class.
A. tall B. taller C. tallest D. the tallest
42. The fifth orange is____ of all. Give it to that small child.
A. big B. bigger C. the bigger D. the biggest
43. Who is of you three?
A. the oldest B. much older C. oldest D. older
44. Tom is one of ____ boys in our class.
A. tallest B. taller C. the tallest D. the tall
45. English is one of____ spoken in the world.
A. the important languages B. the most important languages
C. most important language D. the most important language
46. Beijing is one of____ in China.
A. the largest city r B. the large cities
C. the larger cities D. the largest cities
47. Most of the woods ____ been taken good care of.
A. are B. is C. has D. have
48. ___ like playing football and watching TV.
A. Most boys B. Most of they
C. Most boy D. More of they
49. ___ are here watering the flowers here.
A. Some B. Some of the boys
C. Some boy D. Some of boys
50. ___ haven’t been to American.
A. Most them B. Most they
C. More of them D. Most of them